Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Streaked Spinefoot


I am continuing to work on my new piece, “We All Swim Together,” as I can fit in the time to sketch and paint. The latest little swimmer is a Streaked Spinefoot. It is lovely hues of copper, gold and taupe. Some Streaked Spinefoot have more yellow on them than the type I painted.

Streaked Spinefoot
Latin Name:
Siganus javus
Habitat:
Pacific Ocean, from the Phillippines, Malasia, New Guinea, New Caledonia and Australia in the south; and in the Persian Gulf to India and south China in the east.
Depth: 50-66 feet
12-22" and 1-5 pounds
Notes:
This species has venomous glands on the fins of their spines. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.