Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Sneak Peek: The 100

Piece (in progress) that I'm donating to THE 100
On Wed., Feb. 4, 2015, Virginia Spiegel is attempting to raise $10,000 in one day for the American Cancer Society. Fiberart For A Cause has already raised $240,000 through the generosity of fiber artists and patrons. In 2015, her goal with THE 100 is to bump that amount up to a nice, round quarter of a million dollars.

On that day, 100 patrons who donate $100 will be randomly assigned artwork from an extraordinary line-up of international fiber artists (including me!). All the details, including the list of participating artists, are here: http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/FFACThe100Fundraiser.html
I’ve finished painting my piece, and will stitch and quilt it next!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful way to make money for a cause and i love the idea of helping others with our art pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous piece. I'll try to help with PR for this great cause, as well as to increase awareness of your beautiful fish art with friends that enjoy sea life art. Truly a gorgeous piece and going to be treasured by the lucky winner of this upcoming auction fundraiser. Thank you for all you do to help others.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.