Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

"Wicked"

“Wicked” (12x16") Copyright 2016 by Susan Brubaker Knapp. Wholecloth painted, free-motion machine threadsketched and quilted. White fabric, acrylic textile paint, cotton batting, cotton thread

This piece is a portrait of my cat, Wicked. It is based on a photo I took several years ago. I love how the green fabric (a duvet cover) picks up the same colors that are in her eyes. I will be demonstrating how I painted her eyes in a segment for an episode of “Quilting Arts TV,” the public television show I host. We shoot Series 1900 in a few weeks!



2 comments:

  1. I love this so much. She looks so real on fabric. You are so amazingly talented, Susan! I love seeing all of the things that you create!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave comments… Otherwise I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If you have time to write, please let me know what you think.